Skip to main content

A Storied Mind

 


                                           DEPRESSION: A HARMFUL PARASITE


I wonder how my life was before I faced you,

All the experiences were bright and new.

Happiness was my virtue,

Positivity was the only value.

I was like this in childhood,

My life was surrounded with green gardens and woods.

Stress free was the environment,

Because I was surrounded with the love and warmth of my parents.

As I grew up this contentment slowed down,

Unhealthy competition was growing around.

Peer pressure was never to be bound,

Teenage was proving to be foul.

My life was as dark as a rain filled cloud,

Just like the heavy rains wanting to express my pain out loud.

My mind filled with obnoxious thoughts,

With all these problems I knew I was alone who fought.

The cheerful soul in me had driven away,

With my confidence I was no more able to slay,

My talkative nature was no where,

All I knew was that the vehicle of my life had damaged its gear.

My dreams were getting crushed,

The success I knew I could achieve was lost.

My whole life due to depression had now been tossed,

Fighting with myself , battling with failure I was about to exhaust.

Restless , hopeless all by myself,

There came a hand to save me from the dangerous voyage.

She said, your life is not not void, don’t listen to those who call you paranoid,

Believe in yourself and all that troubles you will get destroyed.

I gathered the courage and sought help,

Without it my life would have not been well.

I am now the same as I was before,

All I am glad for now is that I am not on the depressed shore.


-Christina Miranda

SJYC

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Street Art - The Voice of Mumbai's Urbanity

“Art imitates life.”  Art is a mirror showing the beautiful and grotesque face of our world. Through time, all forms of art have been windows into social structures, lifestyles, and beliefs of civilizations. Transformative art has evolved over centuries as the voice of people of their times, inspiring change from a shift in social norms to war revolutions.  ["Humanity" at Sassoon Docks. Photo Credit: Special Arrangement, The Hindu] A tedious train ride in the mornings, the stationary traffic in the evenings, in the gray monotonous life of Mumbai, some days my eyes find the gorgeous colors on mossy walls and railway bridges, across old complexes and abandoned warehouses. The Street Art of Mumbai - present everywhere, unnoticed yet leaving its mark.   From the cultural abundance of the city we inhabit to the push for human rights and protest against climate change, from promoting harmony to lauding the unsung heroes, street art does more than beautify the concrete forest we...

Ending Stigma

  End STIGMA   All face it, but don't express it. There is cure to every pain, Whether it affects you're heart or brain. Different paths along the way, But they weren't meant to stay. In isolation day by day, Wandering far away. Scared of voices, Battling with losses. Chains will be tight, The key is to fight. Stigma encourages secrecy, Remember health is supremacy. Stop making false assumptions, On society's opinions. Seeking counseling or showing signs such sadness, Often misinterpreted as signs of weakness. Try to be more acceptable, It's a disorder that is treatable. Family support can help destigmatize, Treatment and using therapy is the way to normalize. Treat physical and mental health equally, Stigma shouldn't be endorsed silently. It requires a lot more  awareness, To achieve overall wellness. Reluctant smile on face, Everything heals at its pace. ~ Benisha Cardoza    SYBsc 

We Begin…

  What does a fresh page smell like? Hope, maybe.  Anxiety too, with a dash of curiosity. Maybe, it smells like manifestation, like something quietly waiting to become real. What’s the weight of a new beginning? Heavier than it looks.  The page isn't blank; it's crinkled by the past.  Legacies. Lessons. Quiet scars. Loud dreams.  It holds the pressure of making a point, of continuing something that mattered, even if no one claps. Of daring to start again. As we step into the unknowns of tomorrow, we pause. To reflect. To remember. To ask: what does this beginning mean to us? New beginnings are overwhelming. There’s just so much I want to do, so many ways to go about chasing these dreams, and it’s like there’s too much inside me all at once. Too many ideas crashing into each other. Then there is the fear, this nagging fear that it’ll all just turn into a mush, like upma.  What if everything goes wrong? What if I try and fall flat? How do I look peo...